Time for soaking rice 12 hours
Time for soaking rice flour 1 night
time prep cook total
min 30 30 60
serve for 10
INGREDIENTS FOR IDALI
Rice 1 kg
Urad dal 1/4 kg
Fenigreek seeds 2 tabs
sugar 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda 1 tabs
INGREDIENTS FOR SAMBHAR
Toor dal * 2 bowls
Onion * 1 big size [chopped]
Tomato * 2 chopped [middle size]
Garlic * 7 TO 8 flakes
cumin powder 1 tab Ram Bandhu Sambhar masala 2 tabs
chilly powder * 1 tabs
salt * as your convenience
mustard seeds * 2 tabs
oil * 1/2 bowl
Hing * 2 teas , Mr. Idli
Everyone Can Cook Hardcover – Abridged, Audiobook, Box set
- PROCEDURE FOR IDALI * Take one kg clean rice & 1/4 kg Urad dal , wash it with clear water & keep for soaking in a sufficient water.
- Now grind it in the mixture as like paste. Add Fenugreek seeds, some granules of sugar in it . firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the morning when you are making idali add baking soda, salt & stir it. Fermentation of solution takes place automatically & it becomes light to make idali .
- PROCEDURE FOR SAMBHAR * Take the given amount of Toor dal , keep it to cook in a small cooker with enough water. Wait to get 3 to 4 whistles While cooking dal add turmeric & 1 tabs of oil in it so that evaporation didn’t come outside & Dal can cook smoothly.. http://www.mridli.com.
- Take down the dal crush it with spoon Nicely, make it as like paste, now add hot water in it
- Meanwhile, you can make the preparation of sambhar. Cut the onion, tomatoes, make the paste of garlic, keep all ingredients ready to make it.
- Now keep the 2 & half lit water to boil. See the dal is cooked or not.
- Keep the big pot having the thick bottom of the gas. Add oil to it , wait to heat it now add cumin’s, mustard seeds, curry leaves, one by one. Add onion fry it for small-time add tomatoes fry it well, add cumin powder, sambhar masala, chilly powder, salt, hing paste of garlic. Fry it well till khamang smell spread everywhere.
- at last after frying all ingredients well add dal with hot water, stir it well.
- Well prepared Sambhar
- Keep it to heat, not for boiling. Don’t boil Sambhar more time it reduces the taste & smell of Sambhar.